Monday, January 24, 2011

update on ben and interesting emergency room tv

So, quick update on ben for those who didn't know. He's home and is actually doing well, but he's still on oxygen and is quite congested. he's smiling and laughing, but he now has a deep-seated fear of putting things in his nose. (That comes from all the suction he's had to endure.) we'll be able to tell his therapist later on in life what happened.

We're actually in the imc er right now - he's here to get suctioned and possibly have an ambuterol treatment. While we're sitting here, I can't help but laugh at what's on the tv here in the waiting room. In what has to be the most self-promoting advertising ever, world-wide wrestling is showing now. I can remember watching wwf wrestling as a kid, and then re-enact everything with my brothers and friends, usually on a trampoline. That show has to be the reason behind half the broken bones and emergency room visits every year.

Oh well - we should have our turn at suctioning soon. Everyone - watch out for rsv! (And the back-breaking body slam!) They'll both bring you to the emergency room.

3 comments:

Jordan, Tabby, Lily and Baby Lucy said...

Jordan says, "I'll put you in the emergency room! SLAM!"

Megan said...

I'm glad Ben's doing better, I hope he continues to improve! RSV has been going around our ward, too. Luckily, we haven't had it at our house -- hopefully we can keep it that way!

K and M said...

I'm so sorry to hear that he got RSV. I hope he does better real soon! Keep us posted!