Thursday, February 17, 2011

Romantic Dinner for Three

What do you do when your anniversary falls in the middle of the week and you have a 6 month old who still thinks he needs to nurse every 2-3 hrs? Well, we decided to just do dinner at home. I fed the kids waffles and doritos and salsa (hey, Sam picked and that's what he wanted--more importantly, he ate it with no complaining) as soon as we had picked up Sam from school. Then I made a nice dinner for us. The kids were told they could watch the movies they had picked out from the library last week so that we could eat dinner and enjoy each others company. I'm quite proud of the dinner I put together. We had a nice green salad, asparagus, french bread and orange chicken. I got out the nice dishes and put a cute centerpiece set-up on the table, complete with candles, heart candies, and the flower Justin got me a couple days ago. It looked so great. And then we sat down to enjoy our dinner, and who came to join us? Well, Ben was asleep and the TV was on so that rules out Sam and Hannah. Ah yes, that would leave the rambunctious two year old who can't just sit next to you while you eat. She has to climb on and off your lap. She also kept pointing to food that she wanted a bite of and I think she took all the rest of the cucumbers out of the salad bowl. And of course she wanted all the candy hearts (the girl has more sugar in her than anything else currently). So yes, we had a nice dinner and enjoyable company. And we even enjoyed the two year old antics. Sorry no pictures, we didn't think about that until we were doing dishes.

3 comments:

Jordan, Tabby, Lily and Baby Lucy said...

Happy Anniversary!

K and M said...

"Romantic dinner" sure takes on a whole new meaning with kids, doesn't it? :) Happy Anniversary!

Does Ben eat every 2-3 hours at night too? I feel your pain.

mistress of chaos said...

ahhhhhh, the romance! We have the most success after the kiddos are asleep, yet as my days get longer and they wear me down. I tend to fall asleep during scriptures, just sitting on the couch. Yes, just like mom used to do. and then the romance consists of dragging myself to bed and trying not to fall asleep before the prayer is over.