Friday, August 2, 2013

Camping Trip

We did manage a camping trip this summer and it included two hikes! This came as a dismay to some kids and was fine for others. It was fun to be up in the mountains for the weekend. Here are pictures from the first hike which was Silver Lake and Lake Solitude.
 
 
I don't know for sure who took the above pictures, but from this picture we can narrow it down. Every time we came to a big rock Michelle and Ben wanted their picture taken.  This was fine for the first quarter mile or so, then we tried to get them to just keep moving.
 
And this is what moving looks like for the little ones. They alternated who was on Dad's shoulders with Mom carrying one sometimes. And yes, Michelle wore a skirt the whole time, but then that is nothing new.
 
I believe this is Lake Solitude but don't quote me on that. We did this hike two years ago for Justin's birthday and there was snow on the ground (the kids remembered the snowball fight) but there was no snow anywhere around here.
 
But there was a cave. This was also remembered and this time flashlights came with us so they could check it out. There are sparkly rocks inside is what I was told (I was playing keep Ben managed).
 

We also hiked to Donut Falls which Sam declared not the greatest since he almost didn't get to climb any rocks. We had to limit how far we went because I didn't need anymore injuries that weekend (there will be a post of Michelle's injuries when I get the pictures off my phone) and my children are part monkey and feel the need to climb and jump over and from everything. It was a great weekend. Fairly relaxing and a dinner of dutch oven chicken and peach cobbler that were both declared delicious by Sam! He even ate the cobbler! Yes I am that surprised. Only a couple more weeks of summer left.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jordan, Tabby, Lily and Baby Lucy said...

What? Sam ate cobbler? Crazy. I wonder if Lily and Michelle made a "Cousins in Skirts Forever" pact before we moved. She still refuses to wear pants saying, "pants are for princes!". I'm glad you guys got out to go camping outside of your backyard this summer!