Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dance Costumes

This is my project that I spent most of July working on. Sam is excited that I am done with my sewing project so we can do other things (like go swimming, play outside whenever, sew his costume he wants, etc) and Hannah wants to know when I am making something for her.

This first one are the Monsters, I made the pants and hats and helped attach the hair that Kellie made.

Then the Farm dancers (horses, pigs and sheep). I made the skirts and hats (aren't those hats the cutest!!).

The Robots, this one I only did pants, Kellie did the armbands and waistbands and headbands. Good thing to, they make the costume!

Cloud Dancers, white skirts which ended up looking much cuter than I though they would.
There is one more but apparantly Picasa only wants to let me do four photos at a time (I did them small to see if I could get that fifth one on there). These were fun to make and while they were time consuming I did enjoy it. I also learned quite a bit. I now feel a little more confident about altering a pattern to make it what I want it to be. Like a fuller skirt, size adjustments (not excessive), adding sleeves to a pattern that didn't have them. Before I could sew a pattern, follow the directions, but not make much in the way of variations. Doing this big of a project was a perfect way to get to try that out. Maybe someday (many years from now) I might be almost as good as my mom (I'm not sure I can be as good as she is). She's done Cabbage Patch Dolls (which we all still have as far as I know, I have mine) and three wedding dresses, who knows how many high school dance dresses and little kid clothes. For now, my next things are the quilts to finish and start thinking about Halloween costumes, and reclaim my neglected yard-oh those poor flowers, they don't stand a chance with that morning glory.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, AnnaJune! Great job!

Unknown said...

Quilts will seem so easy after what you have done!